Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Disciple comes from the same word as discipline.
It is about your lifestyle.
Discipleship should not be equated with education, or information.
We need to think about discipleship in a new way.
We should turn traditional discipleship thinking upside down.
1. Belonging is the first step to discipleship.
On their release, Peter and John went back to their own people and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them.
2. Believing is the second step to discipleship.
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
3. Behaving is the final step to discipleship.
We need to streamline the pathway/membership process
- Membership class will be offered twice each year
- Confirmation classes will be offered to teens in even numbered years
There will be baptisms as needed.
We will keep the current Discipleship Pathway classes:
- Reading the Bible for Life
- Contagious Christian
- Spiritual Gifts
We will offer them in different ways.
They will be offered in Connect Groups
We will also begin to offer them on Sunday mornings
10:15 am at Lapel
10:00 am at TLC