On Mother's Day, it is appropriate to consider how we should prioritize children and young people.
Jesus prioritized time with young people
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.
Jesus prioritized discipling young people.
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
JAM- 64 children
Trinity Preschool- 79
TLC Children's Place- 91
VBS, Soccer, Kids' Worship, ACE, ROCK
We should cultivate a reputation as the “Church for Children”
We need to coordinate our ministries with one another.
- Trinity Preschool and the Children’s Place should each do a program/ presentation in worship once annually
- On the 4th Sunday of each month we should not only have a Children’s Chat, but focus on children. This would include music, announcements, sermon, etc.
- We should be more intentional about improving our follow up to children and families from Reach, JAM, VBS, etc.
- There should be an annual “children’s day” on a Sunday morning
- Enhance the connection between the Children's Place, Trinity Preschool and the children's ministry of the church
We should have movement in our children's ministries.
- There needs to be a focus in Trinity Preschool, the Children’s Place, children’s ministry and Reach Student Ministries on moving students and their families to worship experiences at Trinity.
- There needs to a focus on moving young people from Preschool to Children’s Ministry to Reach Student Ministries.
We should upgrade our facilities.
- We need to explore options for increasing capacity at the Children's Place.
- We should develop a softball/ kickball field (s) at the TLC Campus.
- There also needs to be a picnic pavilion at the TLC Campus.